Info to help you plan your Inn at Stockbridge Getaway
We look forward to welcoming you to the Berkshires and the Inn at Stockbridge. Please review our policies and frequently asked questions below. Feel free to reach out as well, we’re here to answer any questions and to help you plan a fabulous Stockbridge Getaway.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are you doing to keep the inn safe and clean during Covid-19?: Lots! Please view our blog post about our Covid-19 policies and updates.
- What time is check in?: Check-in time is between 3 pm & 7 pm.
- What should I do if my arrival time is delayed?: Please call the inn and let us know if you’ll be arriving after 7 pm so that we can greet you.
- What time is check-out?: Check-out time is at 11 am.
- Does the Inn have quiet hour restrictions?: 10 pm to 9 am.
- Is the Inn at Stockbridge kid-friendly?: Children aged 12 and older are welcome at the Inn.
- Is smoking allowed at the Inn?: No, smoking is not allowed anywhere on the property.
- Can more than 2 people stay in a room?: Yes, there is an additional person charge of $50 per person per day. Prior notice is necessary to place an airbed in the room or we can make up a sofa bed. This is only available in specific rooms that can accommodate an additional person. Please explore our lodging options to find your perfect fit.
- Will I have to share a bathroom with other guests?: No. All bathrooms are private.
- Does my room have a smoke detector &/or carbon monoxide detector?: Yes.
- Will my room be cleaned during my stay?: We normally offer daily housekeeping, however during this time of social distancing we have amended our policy to clean your room during your stay by request only to minimize guest contact. Fresh towels and amenities are available on request.
- How late at night or early in the morning am I able to contact the innkeepers if I have a question, comment, or concern during my stay?: Innkeeper hours are 8am to midnight. You can leave a voice message or email anytime. We live on the premises, so we are always available in case of emergency.
- Can I switch rooms after I’ve checked in if I find that I’m uncomfortable in the room/suite that I booked?: This may be possible depending on availability. Please speak to a staff member and we’ll do everything we can to ensure you have a comfortable and enjoyable time.
- What should I do if I accidentally spill or break something in my room/suite?: Please ask any member of staff to assist you.
- I had a fabulous time. Where can I leave a review for your Inn so that others can read about how great staying here is?: We will email a link to you after your departure that will direct you to place a review on TripAdvisor. We invite you to review us on Google as well.
- How can I stay up to date on what is happening at the inn?: Like and follow us on Facebook!
Kitchen & Food FAQs
- Am I able to use the kitchen to prepare lunch or dinner during my stay?: No; this is, unfortunately, a safety concern.
- Do you allow food in the guest rooms?: Yes. Many rooms have mini-fridges, and there is a guest fridge in the Butler’s pantry in the Main House. Guests are welcome to use utensils & plates if desired.
- Do the mini-fridges in the rooms have anything in them?: Yes, the fridges will have water and creamer for the Keurig coffee pots.
- Is there a charge to use the items in my mini-fridge?: No, the items are complimentary.
- Do you offer any snacks or beverages throughout the day?: Yes, we offer granola bars, homemade cookies, and pretzels in the dining room, as well as water, soda, seltzer, coffee, tea, and hot cocoa. In addition we host a complimentary Happy Hour each evening.
- Are the snacks and beverages in the dining room included in the price of my room?: Yes, these items are all complimentary to our guests, please read more about all our included amenities.
- What are the hours the heated pool can be used?: 9 am – 10 pm.
- Is there WiFi in my room/suite?: Yes, WiFi is available throughout the property.
- Is the fitness center open 24/7 or on restricted hours?: Open 24/7, but please be quiet during the hours between 10 pm & 9 am.
- How can I get extra towels, pillows, toiletries, etc. for my room/suite?: Ask any staff member for assistance or call the main inn number and select the option to speak to the innkeeper.
- Can I take my bathrobe home with me?: They are available for purchase new for $95.
- Do you have any add-on offers to make my stay more special?: Yes, we offer add-ons such as champagne, flowers, chocolate-covered strawberries, and more. Please Special Offers for a complete list of add-ons.
- Is the Inn at Stockbridge pet-friendly?: Yes.
- Do I need to give advanced notice that I’m planning to bring a pet?: Yes.
- What type of pet am I allowed to bring to the Inn?: Dogs are the only animals we can accommodate at this time.
- Can I have more than one dog in my room?: Please call the inn to discuss this.
- Which rooms/suites are pet-friendly?: Our Cottage House suites are all pet-friendly.
- What do I do with my dog if I need to leave them behind in the room?: Your pet must be crated if left unsupervised in the room.
- Where is my dog allowed to go at the Inn besides my room?: Dogs are welcome everywhere except in the Main House or pool area.
- What if I have a service animal?: Please call us to talk through your specific needs; all service animals are welcome with proper documentation.
- Will my room still be cleaned if I have a pet with me?: Yes, rooms will still be cleaned as long as the dog is contained or out of the room during the time of service.
Minimum Stay Requirements:
- There is a three-night minimum stay requirement for weekends in July and August, and holiday weekends. This encompasses Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Last-minute shorter stays may be possible as the dates fill in.
- There are two-night minimum stay requirements Weekdays in July and August, October weekends and special event weekends, such as Stockbridge Main Street Christmas.
- Again, shorter stays may be possible at the last minute. Give us a call!
- View availability and make a reservation online.
General Reservation Policies:
- Payment: Personal Checks are accepted with photo id; we also accept MasterCard, VISA, Discover, and American Express.
- Special Offers: Please indicate if you are taking advantage of our Special Offers at the time of reservation.
- Gift Certificates: Please indicate if you are using promotions and gift certificates (such as BedandBreakfast.com, B&B finder etc.) at the time of the reservation. Use of promotions and gift certificates other than those issued directly by the Inn at Stockbridge may be limited to specific rooms and dates.
- Smoking: The Inn is a non-smoking facility.
- Children: Children over 12 are welcome.
- Pets: We accommodate dogs in the Cottage Suites, see below for more details.
- CHECK IN is between 3-7 p.m. Please call the Inn if you expect to arrive after 7 p.m. so we can ensure we are here to greet you!
- CHECK OUT is at 11 a.m.
- Reservations: View availability and make a reservation online.
Because of our small size, cancellations affect us significantly. A last-minute cancellation leaves us little chance of filling the reserved space. For this reason, the Inn maintains a strict cancellation policy.
- Full payment is required for a one-night stay. A one night deposit is required for all other stays. Deposits will be refunded only if notice of cancellation is received in our office 14 days prior to the intended date of arrival, 30 days in July & August. Upon cancellation, a service charge of $50.00 per room will be deducted from the deposit, 10% of stay in the summer.
- For cancellations of 14 days or less (30 days in July & August) guest is responsible for the full value of reservation as reserved. Guests who arrive after their intended arrival date or check out before their intended departure date are responsible for the days reserved in full.
- We do realize that situations arise which make cancellations necessary. A credit towards a future stay (with restrictions) may be possible if we are able to re-book the rooms that were canceled.
All rooms are double occupancy, with a $50 extra person charge in those rooms that can accommodate them. A 9.7% state and local tax, as well as 5% service fee, are applied to the daily room rates.
Pet Friendly Policies
The Inn at Stockbridge is one of the few pet-friendly Berkshires B&Bs. You and your dog are most welcome to stay in one of our four Cottage House suites. When you visit the Berkshires with your pup, there are lots of pet-friendly activities to enjoy together. The Berkshires also have pet-friendly restaurants so you can bring your pup along when you go out on the town.
Information for Guests with Pets:
- Please let us know at the time of your booking that you wish to bring a dog.
- Only dogs are permitted, we respectfully cannot accommodate other types of animals.
- One dog is allowed per room.
- Guests must bring a crate for when your pet is left unsupervised in a room.
- Dogs must remain on-leash while on property, please pick up pet messes to keep our property enjoyable for all guests.
- Dogs are welcome everywhere except in the Main House or pool area.
- Service animals are welcome with proper documentation. Please call us to talk through your specific needs.
Special note for four-legged guests
Since dogs and chocolate do not mix, we refrain from our usual nightly turn-down service for rooms with pets. Instead, upon check-in, we offer a little something special that we know your pup will love.
What our guests are saying…
Gratitude is the only way to describe how I felt as my husband and I drove up to the beautiful federal-style mansion. We had just spent 48 hours moving our daughter and her boyfriend into their first post-college apartment and had arrived in time for the Inn’s complimentary wine and cheese hour. We were warmly greeted by Innkeepers Jeff and Lisa and shown to the Blagdon Suite. We were pleased to learn that the suite has been recently renovated. Imagine the color Tiffany blue and throw in a splash of green to best describe the soothing palette with beautiful furnishings and a new modern bathroom. Returning downstairs, we were happy to sample Lisa’s homemade basil-flavored lemonade and knew we were in store for lots of delicious treats. Her chocolate chip cookies were available throughout our stay and we really enjoyed her wonderful breakfasts that included such choices as muffins, scones, tea breads, challah french toast, egg strata and quiche over our three-day visit. In the 30 years we have visited inns, we have had many great experiences but the Inn at Stockbridge really stands out for having that something extra that equals more than the sum of its parts. Was it all the small details the Innkeepers had anticipated like being able to help ourselves to soft drinks from the kitchen refrigerator or finding chocolates on our pillow in the evening? Was it the lovely pool that cooled us off after our morning hikes or was it meeting the lovely guests who were just as happy as we were to be staying at the Inn at Stockbridge? All I know is that we look forward to our next visit in one of the pet-friendly rooms with our Golden Retriever Ellie!